Ringside News, which has had many recent reports confirmed by the likes of Fightful and Dave Meltzer, is reporting that Cesaro vs Roman Reigns for the Universal Championship was not always scheduled as the WrestleMania Backlash main event.
The site is reporting that “the main event was not always Universal Title match”, with the three-way match between Bobby Lashley, Drew McIntyre and Braun Strowman reportedly being planned as the show-closer at one stage.
The report does not note why WWE higher-ups changed their minds and went with the Roman Reigns match as the main event, but both titles matches were pretty good, so it probably wouldn’t have made too much difference.
The ending to the show saw Seth Rollins attack Cesaro following his loss to Roman Reigns. While not official, many have speculated that WWE is going to build to a Hell in a Cell match next month between the two.
- Big Format Change To AEW Double Or Nothing Affecting CM Punk Vs. Hangman Page?
- Rumour Killer On WWE Ending The Brand Split
- Killer Kross Scrapped AEW Plans Revealed
- AEW Dynamite Live Results – May 25, 2022
- Corey Graves ‘Toned Down’ What WWE Wanted Him To Say About Sasha Banks & Naomi
- CM Punk Posts Very Emotional Tweet Following Texas School Shooting Ahead Of AEW Dynamite
- Sting Pulled From AEW Double Or Nothing Weekend Due To Injury
- AEW Star Ethan Page Wants More Ring & Microphone Time In AEW
- Sonny Kiss To Join ‘The Baddies’ Faction In AEW?
- Ricky Starks Says Cody Rhodes Is Still His Go-To Person For Advice