Ringside News, which has had many recent reports confirmed by the likes of Fightful and Dave Meltzer, is reporting that Cesaro vs Roman Reigns for the Universal Championship was not always scheduled as the WrestleMania Backlash main event.
The site is reporting that “the main event was not always Universal Title match”, with the three-way match between Bobby Lashley, Drew McIntyre and Braun Strowman reportedly being planned as the show-closer at one stage.
The report does not note why WWE higher-ups changed their minds and went with the Roman Reigns match as the main event, but both titles matches were pretty good, so it probably wouldn’t have made too much difference.
The ending to the show saw Seth Rollins attack Cesaro following his loss to Roman Reigns. While not official, many have speculated that WWE is going to build to a Hell in a Cell match next month between the two.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- Big Forbidden Door 2023 Teases On AEW Dynamite?
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Alexa Bliss Reveals In-Ring Return Preparations Prior To Pregnancy
- Former WWE Star Reveals ‘Hypnosis’ Storyline Pitch To End Comedy Character
- Top Star Explains Why He Didn’t Sign With WWE
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For Friday June 2, 2023
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- Absent WWE Star Still In Contact With Vince McMahon & Other Higher-Ups
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him