Jon Moxley paid homage to a former WWE teammate and rival during his match against Hangman Page at AEW Revolution.
At the March 5 pay-per-view, Moxley faced off against Hangman Page in a Texas Death Match.
A variety of foreign objects were used in the match, from steel chairs to barbed wire.
One spot involving bricks caught the attention of fans of The Shield, or at least the rivalries that resulted from the implosion of the popular stable.
After dodging a Buckshot Lariat, Moxley dropped Page with a Deathrider.
Moxley then placed Page’s head on some bricks, and stomped his opponent’s head into them.
While Moxley’s stomp looked similar to Rollins’ finishing maneuver anyway, this was notably a spot that took place during Rollins’ 2014 rivalry with Moxley (fka Dean Ambrose), with Rollins stomping Moxley’s head through cinder blocks during the August 18, 2014 edition of Raw to write Moxley off TV.
Hangman Page ultimately won the Texas Death Match, forcing Moxley to tap out by choking him with a chain.
Dean Malenko was listed as a producer for this match, per Fightful Select.
For the full list of producers for matches that took place at AEW Revolution, click here.
A depraved level of violence from @JonMoxley 😱
Order #AEWRevolution LIVE on PPV right now!
🇺🇸: Cable & Satellite, @BRWrestling
🌐: @FiteTV @YouTube @dazn_wrestling @PPV_com @skysportde pic.twitter.com/noa907Jp97
— All Elite Wrestling (@AEW) March 6, 2023
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Bray Wyatt & Bobby Lashley WWE Raw Update
- WWE Star Pulled From Raw, WrestleMania Status Uncertain?
- Update On Dominik Mysterio Vs. Rey Mysterio WrestleMania Plans
- Yet Another Star Pulled From WWE Raw
- WWE Star Cleared For Return After Concerning ‘Situation’
- Cody Rhodes Drives Big Wedge Between Roman Reigns & Solo Sikoa?
- Jey Uso Answers To Roman Reigns On WWE Raw
- Update On Plans For WWE Star Leaving The Company?
- Latest Development In AEW Luchasaurus Lawsuit
- NXT Star Makes WWE Main Roster Debut