The “fan” who attacked WWE Raw star Seth Rollins has now been identified and charged by police following last night’s incident.
Seth Rollins, real name Colby Lopez, was attacked on the entrance ramp after his segment with Finn Balor, and the “fan” had to be restrained and walked-out by referees, backstage producers and security.
Lopez suffered visible facial injuries as he was then shown on-camera with a bleeding lip which swelled up soon after.
As reported by ESPN, the NYPD has identified the attacker to be 24-year-old Elisah Spencer of Brooklyn, which is where the show took place.
Spencer has been charged with Attempted Assault, and Attempted Violation of Arts and Cultural Affairs (Disrupting a Live Sporting Event).
According to police, Lopez refused medical attention following the incident.
Soon after the attack, WWE issued a statement, which read:
“WWE takes the safety of its performers very seriously. The individual who attacked Seth Rollins has been turned over to the NYPD and will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.”
- Former ROH Stars At WWE Tryout
- Winners Of ‘Wildcard’ Qualifiers For NXT Iron Survivor Challenge Revealed
- William Regal Referenced During NXT
- MLW Star Richard Holliday Publicly Reveals Cancer Diagnosis
- AEW Star Says John Laurinaitis ‘Deserves His Misery’
- MJF Files New Trademark Relating To Infamous WWE Term
- The Usos Respond To Criticism Over PWI Tag Team 100 Ranking
- Tony Khan Responds To Criticism Of AEW’s Introduction Of New Wrestlers
- WWE Star ‘Very Apologetic’ After Botch During Raw
- Big News About Future NXT Premium Live Events