Seth Rollins hid a deep cut WWE Easter egg in an off-air promo he delivered following this Monday’s (October 3) edition of WWE Raw.
Following the conclusion of WWE Raw, Rollins came out to address the audience after the cameras had stopped rolling.
In footage of his off-air promo circulating on Twitter, Rollins can be heard saying:
“Earlier tonight, I came out to this ring, and Matt Riddle and myself had a ‘no contact’ clause.
“Well I have been informed by WWE official Jack Tunney Jr that that clause has officially expired!”
Jack Tunney Jr was a wrestling promoter who acted as the on-screen figurehead president of WWE from 1984 to 1995.
As “president,” Tunney oversaw the golden age of WWE’s Hulkamania boom and most of the company’s New Generation era. He would frequently make matches, and be referenced in wrestlers’ promos.
Tunney passed away on January 24, 2004 at the age of 69.
Following the promo, Matt Riddle came out to the ring and attacked Rollins.
Rollins put Riddle down with a strike to the back of the head, before conducting the audience who were singing a rendition of his entrance music.
Rollins and Riddle will face off in a fight pit bout at Extreme Rules. Check out the announced card for the October 8 premium live event right here.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Report: Sasha Banks Set For NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17
- Top WWE Star Admits Injury ‘Still Isn’t Feeling Right’ Despite Return
- William Regal Shares Farewell Message For Blackpool Combat Club
- Returning AEW Star Reveals He Did Not Want To Take Hiatus
- Another Top WWE Star Pulled From Upcoming Shows
- WWE Star Wants To Apply For Great British Bake Off
- WWE Hall Of Famer Discusses Potential Royal Rumble Match Entry
- Popular AEW Star’s Contract Expiring In July 2023
- Here’s What NXT’s Shawn Michaels Had To Say About William Regal
- Potential Spoiler For WWE Royal Rumble Return