Seth Rollins has recalled his reaction to seeing Cody Rhodes chest following his torn pectoral muscle injury at Hell in a Cell.
In the main event of the June 5 premium live event, Rhodes defeated Seth Rollins inside the Hell in a Cell structure. The former AEW EVP had torn his pectoral muscle completely off the bone ahead of the match, so had a huge bruise covering his upper body during the match.
Speaking with Stephanie Chase for Digital Spy, Rollins noted that he didn’t expect for Rhodes to look how he did on the night of the event.
Believing that he felt the same as everyone else in attendance, Rhodes said:
“It was pretty gnarly. I don’t think I expected it to look like that. I’ve had some torn muscles in my day and I know that the blood seeps down, gravity just takes over but I had never seen anything like that. I remember Triple H had torn his pec some time ago at an event and shared a picture of it and it was pretty brutal but nothing like what we saw from Cody at Hell in a Cell.
“His bicep, tricep, shoulder, pec it was down to his belly button almost, it was pretty gnarly. It was definitely shocking and I think the way I felt about it was how the audience in Chicago felt. They were just very uncomfortable for the first little bit. I think people were even wary just to cheer for him because it was so wild.
“It’s one of those things where, I’ve never encountered anything like it, so the preparation is entirely brand-new. It was a full hurdle thrown my way that I’d never seen before and so trying to wrap ourselves around it was an interesting process.
“I think what we got out of it was magic, how we got there wasn’t ideal but that’s life, you gotta roll with the punches sometimes.”
Rhodes recently provided an update on his recovery, which you ran read right here.
Rollins will face Riddle at SummerSlam on July 30. Check out the announced card for the upcoming premium live event at this link.
Stay up to date with injuries and expected return dates using our WWE injury tracker.
Transcription via Fightful.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Former WWE Star Announces Pregnancy
- Update On How To Watch AEW Collision In The United Kingdom
- CM Punk Dedicates Impending AEW Return To WWE Hall Of Famer
- Huge Match Being Discussed For AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Incredible Brock Lesnar Gesture At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- WWE Star Reveals His Leg Is Partially Paralyzed
- AEW Star Wants ‘One More Run’ As A Wrestler
- Absent AEW Star ‘Not Being Brought Up Creatively’
- Paul Heyman Describes ‘Method Acting’ With Current AEW Star
- AEW Star Makes Surprise AAA Appearance, Match Set For TripleMania XXXI