An update has emerged on a number of major AEW contracts, indicating that several top stars have re-signed with the company.
Matt and Nick Jackson of The Young Bucks, and Cody Rhodes recently confirmed that they have signed new AEW contracts. In the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, it was noted that the original three-year deals offered during the early days of AEW would have recently expired.
This suggests that the stars who initially had a three year contract, but are still with AEW, are working under a new agreement. Names that originally received three year deals include Brandi Rhodes, Adam Page and Chris Jericho, as well as The Young Bucks (who have now opted for a two year rollover) and Cody Rhodes.
It was also noted that the contracts of Nyla Rose, Britt Baker, Christopher Daniels, Frankie Kazarian and Scorpio Sky would be up within the next few weeks. Baker notably announced that she had re-signed a multi-year deal with AEW in September, as did Sky last year.
Following speculation about Kenny Omega’s contract status, the report stated that Omega originally signed a four-year deal, so wouldn’t necessarily have to re-sign until February 2023, when his current contract is set to expire.
It had previously been reported that Tony Schiavone had agreed to a contract extension with AEW.
- WWE Announces Signing Of Former AEW Star Jade Cargill
- Triple H Comments On Jade Cargill Signing With WWE
- AEW Star Sends Message To Jade Cargill After Signing With WWE
- Tony Khan Comments On Jade Cargill After WWE Signing
- Update On Free Agent Rumored To Join WWE Or AEW
- Jade Cargill Comments On Officially Becoming A WWE Star
- TV Show Featuring CM Punk Canceled
- Top AEW Star Is Happy Being ‘Guinea Pig’ For ‘Crazy Stuff’
- Tony Khan Addresses NJPW Acquisition Rumors
- ‘Beef Up’ – Super Heavyweight WWE Star Issues Big Challenge To Roster