AEW has added a couple of mouthwatering matches to the New Year’s Night episode of the show this coming Wednesday.
Firstly, Sammy Guevara of Chris Jericho’s Inner Circle will go one-on-one with Dustin Rhodes in Jacksonville.
Rhodes has only competed in one singles match since joining AEW, that being the loss to Cody at Double or Nothing in May.
In the buildup to Jericho vs. Cody at Full Gear, he was ambushed by Hager and Guevara, so it’ll be great to see him back in action in a heated match like this.
Another singles match that the Inner Circle will have an eye on is Jon Moxley vs. Trent. Jericho has asked Moxley to join the group and is expecting his answer on Wednesday.
There’s also the small matter of a six-man tag match pitting the Elite’s Young Bucks and Kenny Omega up against Pac and the Lucha Bros, which just sounds a bit mental doesn’t it really.
Previously announced for the show were Cody vs. Darby Allin in a Fyter Fest rematch, and Riho defending the Women’s World Title against Nyla Rose, Hikaru Shida and Britt Baker in a four-way.
Riho was initially going to defend in a one-on-one affair with Kris Statlander, but the latter was already booked for a show and wanted to honour that booking.
- Asuka Shares Expletive-Filled Translation Of Recent Promo Battle With IYO SKY
- Former WWE Star Says They’re Not Retired
- Rhea Ripley Weighs In On Major WrestleMania 39 Debate
- Seth Rollins Teases “Forbidden Door” Dream Match With Top Star?
- Seth Rollins ‘First Title Defense’ Of WWE World Heavyweight Championship Already Happened
- ‘Free Agent’ WWE Star Set For First NXT Match In Seven Years
- Major AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door Dream Match Set
- Popular AEW Star Announced For G1 Climax
- ‘The Crowd’s Coming Back Around On Me’, AEW Star Addresses Possible Face Turn
- Popular Wrestling Database Site Announces Changes Due To AEW, WWE Fan Tribalism