Tonight’s WWE SmackDown Live saw several changes made to matches at July 14’s Extreme Rules pay-per-view.
First of all, during the opening Kevin Owens show segment, Shane McMahon announced that his tag match with Drew McIntyre against Roman Reigns and The Undertaker will now be a No Holds Barred match.
In the same segment, Shane set up a match for later in the show where Kevin Owens and Dolph Ziggler – who were bickering about who deserved the next WWE Title shot – would team up against Heavy Machinery.
After going around the houses a bit, Shane stated that the winning team would be added to the SmackDown Tag Title match at Extreme Rules to make it a three-way.
In something of an upset, Heavy Machinery won the match after miscommunication between Owens and Ziggler, meaning Extreme Rules will now be Daniel Bryan & Rowan vs. New Day vs. Heavy Machinery.
An angle following the tag bout saw Owens drill Ziggler with a Stunner due to him costing them the match with an accidental superkick. Although not confirmed, it seems likely this will end up on the PPV as well.
The current card:
- The Undertaker & Roman Reigns vs. Shane McMahon & Drew McIntyre – No Holds Barred
- Seth Rollins & Becky Lynch vs. Baron Corbin & Lacey Evans – Extreme Rules Winner Takes All
- Kofi Kingston vs. Samoa Joe – WWE Title
- Bayley vs. Alexa Bliss – SmackDown Women’s Title
- Daniel Bryan & Rowan vs. New Day vs. Heavy Machinery – SmackDown Tag Team Title
- Drew Gulak vs. Tony Nese – Cruiserweight Title