I know it’s hard to believe, but the latest report suggests that WWE lied to a number of its wrestlers before they were released yesterday (April 15).
Samoa Joe, Mickie James, Billie Kay, Peyton Royce, Bo Dallas, Wesley Blake, Kalisto and Mojo Rawley were all released last night, and it’s expected that several NXT stars may be facing the chopping block later today.
According to the latest report from Fightful Select, a number of those names listed above were recently assured that their jobs were safe, which makes the releases all the more shocking.
According to Fightful, one unnamed wrestler said “It’s just an annual reminder that this is a company, not a family.”
Most of the released stars have made statements on social media, ranging from a heartfelt thank you to fans and WWE from Billie Kay, to Tucker posting “freedom baby!” on Twitter.
You’d have thought that simply being honest with your workers is a better way of operating, but apparently WWE needed to think about “budget cuts”, despite recording record profits once again last year.
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – May 27, 2022
- Raquel Rodriguez Finishing Move Gets New Name After Previous Name Deemed Too Vulgar
- Charlotte Flair Marries Andrade El Idolo
- Bryan Danielson & William Regal Arrive Early To AEW Tapings To Train With Younger Talent
- Fascinating Behind-The-Scenes Footage Of Jade Cargill Including Training With Bryan Danielson & More
- Shinsuke Nakamura Debuts New Tag Team With Riddle
- CM Punk Updates His List Of AEW Dream Matches
- New Documentary ‘Wrestling With Whiteness’ Premiering Today
- Paige VanZant Will Make AEW In-Ring Debut At Double Or Nothing
- Jade Cargill On The Baddies Concept: ‘Where Are The Women Wrestling Fans?’