WWE has confirmed that Shad Gaspard will receive the WWE Warrior Award during this year’s Hall of Fame ceremony.
The news was broken by Ryan Satin of FOX Sports, who revealed that Gaspard will be recognised for his heroic efforts, saving the life of his son.
Gaspard tragically passed away in May 2020, after being caught among a group of swimmers in a strong rip current at Venice Beach, and instructing lifeguards to save his son before coming to his aid.
Many wrestlers and fans have campaigned to see Gaspard honored with the Warrior Award, which is presented to individuals who show “unwavering strength.”
The WWE Hall of Fame ceremony airs after SmackDown on April 1, the day before the first night of WrestleMania 38. The Undertaker, Vader and Sharmell had previously been announced for the Class of 2022.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- Former WWE Star Reveals ‘Hypnosis’ Storyline Pitch To End Comedy Character
- Alexa Bliss Reveals In-Ring Return Preparations Prior To Pregnancy
- Top Star Explains Why He Didn’t Sign With WWE
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- Absent WWE Star Still In Contact With Vince McMahon & Other Higher-Ups