WWE has confirmed that Shad Gaspard will receive the WWE Warrior Award during this year’s Hall of Fame ceremony.
The news was broken by Ryan Satin of FOX Sports, who revealed that Gaspard will be recognised for his heroic efforts, saving the life of his son.
Gaspard tragically passed away in May 2020, after being caught among a group of swimmers in a strong rip current at Venice Beach, and instructing lifeguards to save his son before coming to his aid.
Many wrestlers and fans have campaigned to see Gaspard honored with the Warrior Award, which is presented to individuals who show “unwavering strength.”
The WWE Hall of Fame ceremony airs after SmackDown on April 1, the day before the first night of WrestleMania 38. The Undertaker, Vader and Sharmell had previously been announced for the Class of 2022.
- Full Recap – Tony Khan Pre-Forbidden Door Media Call
- Report: WWE Using Robert Roode To ‘Teach’ Veer Mahaan
- Here’s Who Decided Stephanie McMahon Should Replace Vince McMahon
- Lineup For AEW Blood & Guts Match Revealed
- Original Plan For Jon Moxley At Forbidden Door Before CM Punk Injury
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – June 24, 2022
- Lio Rush Explains The Difference Between NXT & WWE Raw Locker Room (Exclusive)
- Real Reason Sammy Guevara Joined Jericho Appreciation Society
- Sasha Banks Spotted With Another New Look
- WWE Star AJ Styles Used For Bizarre Colonoscopy Billboard