In an announcement during SmackDown Live it was revealed that Shane McMahon has been discharged from the hospital, and is expected to be healthy enough to compete at WrestleMania 34 in two weeks.
Daniel Bryan initially announced the match that we had been expecting: Shane McMahon and Daniel Bryan vs Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens. Bryan stated that Shane had been hospitalized due to complications following the attack, but is confident that he will be healthy come WrestleMania 34.
#SDLive is the land of opportunity, so #KevinOwens & @SamiZayn have one more. They'll be reinstated IF they can beat the team of @shanemcmahon and @WWEDanielBryan at @WrestleMania! pic.twitter.com/lAml2hqLSA
— WWE (@WWE) March 28, 2018
The news was later supplemented by Byron Saxton who let us know that Shane McMahon has been discharged from the hospital.
The original news of Shane’s condition broke a few hours before Monday Night Raw. The breaking news was that Shane McMahon had been hospitalized due to acute diverticulitis and an umbilical hernia, however, Shane soon released a photograph of him with his sons as evidence of his progress in recovery.
Given that the news of Shane McMahon’s condition has been verified as being legitimate, it is hard to believe that WWE will clear him to wrestle in time for WrestleMania 34 if he is indeed suffering with diverticulitis and is expected to need surgery. There are a couple of other possibilities here: (1) the news of McMahon’s initial condition could have been exaggerated or (2) perhaps the most recent announcement will lead to a surprise partner for Bryan when it is revealed that McMahon isn’t healthy – at the moment, it’s anyone’s guess.
Whatever the plan for Shane, Bryan has a match for WrestleMania 34, and Sami was quick to accept the challenge:
Daniel Bryan wants payback??
WE GLADLY ACCEPT.
He just made the biggest mistake of his life.
If he thought what we did to him last week was bad, just wait & see what we will do to him after publicly firing us.#Wrestlemania will be the worst night of Shane & Daniel’s lives.
— Sami Zayn (@SamiZayn) March 28, 2018
What do you think is the plan for Daniel Bryan at WrestleMania 34?
- Health Update
- Shane McMahon
- WrestleMania 34
- Sami Zayn
- Daniel Bryan
- KEVIN OWENS
- WWE Backstage Reaction To Edge (Adam Copeland) Departure & AEW Debut
- Edge (Adam Copeland) Explains Why He Left WWE To Join AEW
- Edge (Adam Copeland) Expected To ‘Fill The Gap’ CM Punk Left In AEW?
- Christian Cage Comments On Edge (Adam Copeland) Joining AEW
- WWE Raw Match Cancelled Due To Top Star Not Being Cleared
- New Edge (Adam Copeland) AEW Nicknames Revealed?
- Adam Copeland (Edge) Comments On Wife Beth Phoenix Potentially Joining Him In AEW
- Why Edge (Adam Copeland) Can Use ‘Metalingus’ WWE Theme In AEW
- Clarification On Bryan Danielson AEW Collision Role
- Rhea Ripley Gives Ultimatum To Dominik Mysterio After Losing Championship