Shane McMahon made a surprise return at WrestleMania 39, but it was short lived as he suffered an injury in an impromptu match with The Miz.
Almost as soon as the match began, McMahon attempted the usual dropdown/leapfrog spot, but tore a quad on the leapfrog and collapsed to the ground.
What followed was a brief period of awkwardness and confusion before Snoop Dogg stepped in and – via a combination of his own instincts and directions being given by referee Jessika Carr – saved the segment.
According to the latest update on PWInsider Elite (via Cageside Seats), McMahon was flown to Birmingham, Alabama on Sunday after the incident.
That means he likely underwent surgery for the injury at the Andrew Sports Medicine & Orthopedic Center in Birmingham at some point this week.
WrestleMania was McMahon’s first WWE appearance since Royal Rumble in January 2022, when he was reportedly sent home and removed from creative plans by his own father Vince McMahon due to his conduct at the show.
It was believed Shane had tried to take some control over producing the 2022 men’s Rumble match, which led to chaos, confusion and frustration backstage.
this was great @SnoopDogg you love the business!!!
— “EL IDOLO” ANDRADE (@AndradeElIdolo) April 3, 2023
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- What Happened In The Rock’s Daughter’s WWE TV Debut Match
- WWE Hall Of Famer The Iron Sheik Passes Away Aged 81
- Top NXT Star To Challenge Seth Rollins For WWE World Heavyweight Championship
- Update On CM Punk’s First Feud Following Upcoming AEW Collision Return
- New Name For WWE Faction Revealed
- WWE Raw Star Appears On NXT June 6
- WWE Teases Popular Social Media Stars Debuting Soon
- Stephen Amell Confirms Involvement In Upcoming WWE Project
- Rhea Ripley Responds To Brandi Rhodes Following WWE Raw
- This Star Wants To Hold WWE, UFC & Boxing Championships At The Same Time