More details have emerged on the backstage confusion between Shane McMahon and Randy Orton at WWE Royal Rumble.
It had previously been reported that there was a mix-up during the men’s Royal Rumble match, with Randy Orton originally set to enter at #28, and Shane McMahon after at #29. The two stars ultimately entered the bout in the opposite order.
Fightful Select (subscription required) notes that Orton was ready to walk through the curtain at #28, but McMahon’s music hit. McMahon reportedly expressed his displeasure, before Orton sent him a ‘verbal cue’ that he wouldn’t be going out to McMahon’s music.
Per the report, the ‘verbal cue’ was Orton bursting into laughter, literally rolling on the floor, after the theme music botch.
Following backstage heat for his booking of the Royal Rumble, Shane McMahon was quietly let go by WWE in the days after the event. McMahon’s departure reportedly led to WWE changing several plans for WrestleMania 38.
Check out our list of Royal Rumble 2022 records and stats at this link.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Former WWE Star To Return On The Raw After WrestleMania?
- Latest WWE Celebrity Hall Of Fame Inductee Confirmed
- Report: WWE Having ‘Larger Conversation’ About Wrestler Safety
- Update On Dominik Mysterio Vs. Rey Mysterio WrestleMania Plans
- WWE Star Pulled From Raw, WrestleMania Status Uncertain?
- Yet Another Star Pulled From WWE Raw
- Bray Wyatt & Bobby Lashley WWE Raw Update
- AEW World Champion MJF Set For Surprising Indie Appearance
- WWE Star Vents Anger At Fans After Being ‘Followed’ At Airport
- Spoiler On WWE Star Set To ‘Shine’ On March 20 Raw