Veteran referee Mike Chioda has commented on Shane McMahon’s WrestleMania 39 injury, noting that he believes McMahon will return to the ring.
McMahon suffered a torn quadricep muscle during the opening international sequence of his surprise wrestling return on WrestleMania 39 Sunday.
Many have speculated that McMahon won’t attempt to make an in-ring comeback after his most recent attempt went disastrously wrong.
During the latest episode of Monday Mailbag, Mike Chioda noted that he expects to see Shane McMahon in the ring again one day.
Wishing McMahon a speedy recovery, Chioda said:
“Shane O’Mac will be back in that ring, brother.
“He’s working out hard right now. He’s gonna be back. I wish him a speedy recovery.
“I felt bad and I (saw) he couldn’t get back up. I said, ‘No, this is not a work.’
“He wouldn’t come back and… I just wish him a speedy recovery and all of the best.”
McMahon has now shared a video of himself working out following his serious leg injury, in the third week following his surgery.
Transcription via Wrestling Inc.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Jey Uso Breaks His Silence After Jimmy Uso Betrays Roman Reigns At Night Of Champions 2023
- PHOTO: WWE Star Buys His Mother A House
- Possible Injury During AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Shock Title Change After Suprise Return At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- VIDEO: Savage WWE Star Namedrop During Max Caster Rap At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Big Change For AEW Double Or Nothing Setup
- Major Heel Turn Ends AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- VIDEO: What Tiffany Stratton Said To Shawn Michaels Backstage After NXT Women’s Title Win
- Details On ‘Mandatory’ AEW Backstage Meeting About ‘Dirt Sheets’ Revealed
- ‘Last Minute’ Change To AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Revealed