Ahead of AEW Double or Nothing this Sunday, Shaquile O’Neal has revealed that he plans to wrestle again, and sooner rather than later.
On the March 3 episode of Dynamite, Shaq teamed with Jade Cargill to take on Cody Rhodes and Red Velvet. Cargill scored the victory for the duo, shortly after O’Neal was driven through some tables at ringside.
Shaq plans to return to the ring in the next few months. When asked about a potential wrestling return on NBA on TNT, Shaq said:
“Soon. This Summer”
While O’Neal has wrestled for both WWE and AEW, it is more likely that he’ll return to AEW, given his positive relationship with Tony Khan and the other executives. O’Neal even tried to persuade WWE Hall of Famer Kurt Angle to wrestle on Wednesday nights.
AEW Dynamite was preempted this week by the NBA Playoffs, airing tonight instead of Wednesday. Tonight’s show will be the final stop before Double or Nothing on Sunday.
According to a new report, more Dynamite date changes will be announced for next month, due to the NBA Playoff schedule.
Double or Nothing airs on Fite on May 30 at 8pm ET.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- Irate Jon Moxley Responds To CM Punk In Expletive-Filled Retort
- Major AEW Star To Be Out ‘For A While’ After Suffering Legitimate Injury
- Jon Moxley On AEW: ‘I Have Never Seen So Much Bulls**t Drama In One Place In My Entire F**king Life’
- Update On Backstage Heat Between Triple H & Top WWE Star
- Rumor Killer On WWE Star Taking ‘A Long Time’ Away From The Company
- Rey Mysterio Gives Honest Thoughts On Dominik Mysterio’s Character
- Jon Moxley Reveals Why He Was ‘F**king Furious’ About Recent AEW Show
- ‘Sentimental’ Special Entrance Planned For Top WWE Star At WrestleMania 39
- Jon Moxley Has High Praise For Surprising AEW Star
- Major Roxanne Perez Update For NXT Stand & Deliver