Since taking over the creative reigns of WWE since Vince McMahon’s retirement back in July, there’s been much positivity to Triple H’s changes to the company.
With Triple H picking up more main roster duties, more NXT responsibilities have fallen to his best friend and DX stablemate Shawn Michaels, who has been running NXT since Triple H stepped away due to health concerns last year.
Speaking on The Ringer Wrestling Show podcast, Shawn Michaels, WWE’s Senior Vice President of Talent Development Creative, spoke about the changes to morale under the new Triple H regime.
“I would say it’s no secret to anybody that there’s a huge uplift in morale from top to bottom in the WWE.
“Whether it’s Raw or SmackDown or NXT, everybody’s very excited for the future.”
Michaels, with his focus on talent development, has highlighted one of the strengths being the path from entry into WWE via NXT leading to a future on the main roster for the right candidates with the right abilities and development, saying that this is:
“The one thing that was always really positive in NXT.”
He would then elaborate on his point by explaining:
“and the positive about all these other former athletes that come in is they were already excited and focused and ready to go. Now we’ve just made sure that we’ve topped that off, and everybody from top to bottom roster-wise is excited about the future. And all of us working there are equally excited because we know we’re all pulling the rope in the same direction.”
Michaels also spoke about the change in his WWE role that he believes has been the most difficult, which you can read here.
Transcript from Wrestling Inc.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Irate Jon Moxley Responds To CM Punk In Expletive-Filled Retort
- Major Change Confirmed For WrestleMania 39 Match
- What Happened In Cody Rhodes’ Massive Pre-WrestleMania Match Against Solo Sikoa
- Major AEW Star To Be Out ‘For A While’ After Suffering Legitimate Injury
- Jon Moxley On AEW: ‘I Have Never Seen So Much Bulls**t Drama In One Place In My Entire F**king Life’
- Vince McMahon Era Rule ‘Effectively Dead’ Under Triple H
- Rumor Killer On WWE Star Taking ‘A Long Time’ Away From The Company
- WWE Star Debuts New Entrance Theme On Pre-WrestleMania Raw
- NXT Star Makes Main Roster Debut
- NXT Star Makes Cameo You Probably Missed On WWE Raw