Shawn Michaels has opened up about a rumored WWE match that was supposed to happen between himself and the late Eddie Guererro.
Michaels returned to wrestling in 2002 after a four year absence, sparking a series of matches with high-profile opponents such as Rob Van Dam, Goldberg, Chris Jericho, Kurt Angle, Rey Mysterio, Hulk Hogan, and John Cena.
One opponent Michaels was supposed to face was Eddie Guerrero, though the match never materialised due to Guererro’s untimely death.
During his NXT conference call which took place before NXT Halloween Havoc on October 22, Michaels said he would have loved to have participated in the match:
“I’ve heard somebody pitched it at a creative meeting. It would’ve been a blast to do.
“Where we were at later on in our careers, we probably would’ve argued about who was putting who over. Neither one of us would’ve had a problem, that’s for sure. It would be my honor to put Eddie Guerrero over.”
For more information about WWE wrestlers, including injuries and win/loss records, check out WrestleTalk’s stat’s page over on WrestleTalk.com.
Transcription courtesy of PWMania.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Update On Backstage Heat Between Triple H & Top WWE Star
- Rey Mysterio Gives Honest Thoughts On Dominik Mysterio’s Character
- Major WWE Contract Expiring After WrestleMania 39
- Major Roxanne Perez Update For NXT Stand & Deliver
- Report: WWE Talent Morale Affected By Vince McMahon Concerns
- ‘Sentimental’ Special Entrance Planned For Top WWE Star At WrestleMania 39
- More On Rumored New WWE Championship Belt
- Hilarious Guess From WWE Week On Wheel Of Fortune [VIDEO]
- Surprise Ambush To End WWE NXT
- Former WWE Star Opens Up About Pregnancy