WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels has revealed whether or not he considers himself one of the greatest wrestlers of all time.
Shawn Michaels has had a very decorated wrestling career. According to The Heartbreak Kid, he isn’t one of the best performers ever.
Speaking on Rasslin, Michaels said that hindsight has made him re-evaluate his career. Noting that he’s still flattered that he’s even in the conversation, Michaels pointed out that each new wrestling generation brought something different to the table.
When asked whether or not he considers himself one of the greatest of all-time, Michaels said:
“I don’t. But it’s funny when you’re younger, because certainly you do. But I don’t know, I now have the ability to see everything in the rearview mirror. Technically, at 56-years-old, I am back to where I was at 19. Where I was just realizing that my idea of success was having a car and a one-bedroom apartment, and maybe one of the main guys in a local territory in South Texas.
“Obviously, it has become so much more than that. I am now unbelievably flattered that I get mentioned. Look, people argue about it, whether who is or who isn’t, and my name is in there. And that, to me, is good enough. That is beyond my wildest dreams. Those things never get determined, and every generation is different. Again, I’m just glad to be at this point in my life and look back on a really cool body of work that I’m proud of.”
Michaels last wrestled at Crown Jewel 2018, teaming with Triple H to take on Undertaker and Kane. He currently coaches and produces for NXT and NXT UK.
Quote via Wrestling Inc.
- Malakai Black Denies Being Granted AEW Release
- Report: Tony Khan Not Granting Any AEW Releases
- Candice LeRae Makes WWE Return On WWE Raw
- Big Change To AEW Dynamite Due To Hurricane Ian
- Changes Coming Soon To AEW Television?
- AEW Battle Of The Belts IV Air Date Revealed
- Update On AEW Rampage & WWE SmackDown Going Head To Head
- Further Evidence Of Bray Wyatt Extreme Rules Return?
- CM Punk Spotted For First Time Since AEW All Out Backstage Fight (Photo)
- Dax Harwood Shares Heartwarming Picture With Daughter On Twitter