Shawn Michaels has provided an update on the NXT status of Triple H following his reportedly very serious cardiac event in September.
In Triple H’s absence, it’s been Michaels that’s been heading up running things backstage at NXT 2.0 tapings.
Speaking with Jim Varsallone, Shawn Michaels confirmed that Triple H still isn’t back in his backstage role, saying:
“Right now, for me, I’ve told him, ‘I don’t care how good you are, you stay away, get healthy, concentrate on you’. The thing is, he put in a fabulous team here and that’s why it’s able to continue on without him because he put phenomenal people in place. I’m just the guy that gets to expedite everything and run traffic. The team he put in place was prepared for these kind of days and we want him to get healthy. He doesn’t have anything to worry about, we’ll be here when he gets back.”
During the time Triple H has been away, several talents have been released from NXT, and some other names have departed too, including Scotty 2 Hotty, and most recently, Beth Phoenix, who’ll be leaving the brand after WarGames on Sunday.
Stephanie McMahon recently provided an update and said Triple H was doing great, and he was spotted a couple of weeks ago on a tour of the new WWE headquarters site along with Vince McMahon.
Quote via Fightful
- MJF Return Speculation Runs Rampant After AEW Dynamite
- Latest On Kenny Omega Absence Ahead Of Potential AEW Return
- Chris Jericho Calls Vince McMahon ‘A Once In A Generation Genius’
- Thunder Rosa Admits AEW Women’s Title Reign Has Been ‘Really Challenging’
- Update On Johnny Gargano Following WWE Return Rumors
- Mickie James Unsure About Her Wrestling Future
- Report: ‘Nobody Knew’ CM Punk Would Call Out Adam Page, ‘A Lot Of Reality To It’
- Update On CM Punk Injury Status Following AEW Return
- Jack Evans Would Love To Return To AEW
- AEW Rampage Spoilers: Claudio Castagnoli Issues A Challenge, Championship Matches & Brutal Attack