Shawn Michaels has opened up about NXT 2.0, discussing Vince McMahon and Triple H’s roles in the brand.
Ahead of NXT’s reboot in September, it was reported that the new product would be a ‘Vince McMahon-Bruce Prichard production‘.
Speaking with Scott Fishman of TV Insider, Shawn Michaels explained that McMahon and Prichard just gave those running NXT the general direction of what they wanted the repackaged brand to be.
Michaels noted that it’s still Triple H’s team in charge of the developmental division. Discussing his own increased workload, Michaels said:
“I started out doing two hours a day, three days a week. Now I’m doing it about 23 hours a day, seven days a week. People out there thinking it’s all Vince McMahon and Bruce Prichard type of production. They just are the ones who gave us the direction of what it is they wanted from NXT going into the future. It is still all the team (Triple H) put in place doing it here.
“I love learning and growing in the different aspects of WWE, but I have a greater appreciation for everything he took on. I now understand how you can not return a text when you get it. I’ve never had so many emails, learning computer stuff. Things I swore I would never want to do. But have since learned to do that. It has been a blast. To be able to step in for my friend is my honor to do.”
Michaels recently provided an update on Triple H, following his reportedly serious cardiac event in September, confirming that The Game isn’t yet back in his backstage NXT role.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- PHOTO: New WWE Undisputed Universal Championship Belt Revealed
- What Happened With The Bloodline On SmackDown June 2
- Another WWE Star Qualifies For Money In The Bank Ladder Match
- Solo Sikoa Breaks Silence After Attacking Jimmy Uso On WWE SmackDown
- Scrapped Plans For Rhea Ripley At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- VIDEO: Former Champion Trains At D-Von Dudley Wrestling Academy
- Major WWE Name Touts Storytelling Of Bloodline Angles
- Big Update On GUNTHER WWE Intercontinental Title Plans
- First Look At Owen Hart In AEW: Fight Forever Revealed
- Next Ring Of Honor Pay Per View Announced