Last night in the main event of what was a very good Elimination Chamber pay-per-view, Shayna Baszler obliterated the rest of the field to earn the right to challenge Becky Lynch for the Raw Women’s Championship at WrestleMania.
The match has divided opinion online, but I think that it was booked to near perfection. Shayna was made to look like an absolute monster and was really put over to the mainstream audience.
For those who missed it, Shayna Baszler entered the match as the fourth competitor. She made light work of Ruby Riott, Natalya and Sarah Logan who were already in the ring.
Then as Liv Morgan entered the match, Shayna Baszler brutally attacked her fellow former NXT star. He violently tapped Liv out with a draping Kirifuda Clutch from the top rope as she stared at Asuka.
Then Baszler waited for Asuka to enter the ring. The pair had a hard-hitting back-and-forth exchange for a few minutes, but Baszler ultimately tapped out for the former SmackDown Women’s Champion.
Perhaps my only criticism of the match last night was that Asuka was made to look slightly weak. This is despite her looking better than the rest of the Raw stars in the match.
With her impressive Elimination Chamber performance, Shayna Baszler has become the first person in history, male or female, to eliminate the entirety of the field in an Elimination Chamber gimmick match.
Braun Strowman eliminated five competitors in the 2018 Elimination Chamber, but that match featured seven Superstars instead of the usual six. He was eliminated by Roman Reigns.
- Paul Heyman’s Intriguing Reaction After Jimmy Uso Accidentally Costs Jey Uso Championship Match
- Another New WWE Championship Design Revealed & Big Return On SmackDown
- Another New WWE Championship Redesign To Be Revealed On SmackDown
- Another WWE Championship Unification Match Announced
- Update On WWE Women’s Title Situation Ahead Of June 9 SmackDown
- KENTA Responds To Alternate Dream Match For CM Punk At Forbidden Door
- New IMPACT World Champion Crowned
- NXT Stars Interfere In Big Match On SmackDown
- Popular AEW Star Sidelined With Neck Injury
- Major WWE Championship Match Announced For SmackDown In London