A popular WWE star has revealed he almost quit the company in 2015.
In 2022, Sheamus received a surge in popularity following his instant classic against Gunther over the Intercontinental Championship at WWE Clash At The Castle.
Despite some lulls in past years, “The Celtic Warrior” is one of the most decorated stars in the company over the past two decades with reigns as WWE Champion, World Heavyweight Champion, United States Champion and Tag Team Champion.
During a WWE 24 documentary on WrestleMania 37 in 2021, Sheamus revealed that he almost quit the promotion during the 2015 WWE Draft. Reflecting on a difficult time in his career, he said:
“The draft came and I had just been WWE Champion up until the end of December . And I was the last pick on the [televised] draft.”
“I’m thinking to myself like, ‘How have I gone from ‘The Guy’ to the last pick of the draft?’ I was like, ‘This is a serious fall from grace.’ I was so angry, man, I was ready… I kind of felt like ready to walk [out]. I really did. I felt like, ‘What am I doing? I’m not enjoying this anymore.’”
The 2023 WWE Draft is set to start on the April 28 edition of SmackDown and continue on the May 1 episode of Raw.
Transcription via SEScoops
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- Former WWE Star Reveals ‘Hypnosis’ Storyline Pitch To End Comedy Character
- Alexa Bliss Reveals In-Ring Return Preparations Prior To Pregnancy
- Top Star Explains Why He Didn’t Sign With WWE
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star
- Major WWE Star Undergoing Surgery?