Sheamus and Drew McIntyre went to war in a ‘Good Old Fashioned Donnybrook’ match to kick off last night’s SmackDown, which saw McIntyre defeat Sheamus to earn a title match at Clash at the Castle.
The match featured several props around ringside, including flags of Scotland and Ireland around the barricade, at least so WWE thought.
It was pointed out after the fact that the green and orange sections of the flags were reversed, meaning that the flag instead resembled that of the Ivory Coast, rather than Ireland.
When the mistake was pointed out to Sheamus, he took to Twitter to embrace his ‘Ivorian heritage’, sharing a photo of him drinking a pint of Guinness ‘for the Ivory Coast’.
He also responded to jokes about the mistake, claiming he had ‘dual nationality’.
Ivory Coast representin pic.twitter.com/pyijiAMtEk
— PhiloBOT01 ?? (@philorok01) July 30, 2022
dual nationality lads ??/??
— Sheamus (@WWESheamus) July 30, 2022
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Mystery Attacker Revealed On NXT
- AEW Name Reveals Upcoming Contract Expiry, Comments On Potential WWE Move
- Mandy Rose Comments On Gigi Dolin Vs. Jacy Jayne NXT Cage Match After Not Even Being Mentioned
- Alarming Advice From Surgeons For Top AEW Star
- Alexa Bliss Addresses WWE Future After Pregnancy Announcement
- Baron Corbin Makes Surprise Appearance On WWE NXT
- Carmella & Corey Graves Reveal The Sex Of Their First Child
- Current NXT Star To Join WWE Main Roster Faction Soon?
- Pat McAfee Reacts To Unfortunate AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Attendance Photo
- Bret Hart Calls Current WWE Star One Of The Greatest Wrestlers Of All Time