Sheamus has been a mainstay of the WWE roster since 2009, when he debuted on the ECW brand, capturing the WWE Championship less than a year into his run.
Besides time off for injury, Sheamus has been a full-time member of the WWE roster, competing on TV, live events and premium live events, but he has now teased possibly taking a step back.
Speaking to thefivecount, Sheamus spoke about his WWE schedule, and how he would like to take up more acting roles, which would keep him off TV for a few months at a time, all in an effort to keep himself fresh.
“I think it’d keep it fresh, it’d be great to do acting a couple of months and then back in the ring a couple of months, adds to the longevity as well. So yeah, I love being in front of the camera whether it’s promos, backstage, or in the ring wrestling, or movies, or TV shows, whatever it is, it’s a fun job.”
Sheamus made his first step into the acting world back in 2015, when he played the role of Rocksteady in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 movie.
Sheamus was announced as a participant in the 2022 men’s Money In The Bank Ladder match on this week’s episode of SmackDown.
transcription via WrestlingInc
- Matt Riddle Released By WWE
- Released WWE Star Reveals New Name?
- WWE Higher-Up Addresses Matt Riddle Being Released
- Major LA Knight SmackDown Plans Pulled Due To COVID-19
- Dominik Mysterio Reacts To Recent WWE Releases
- Possible Reason For Mustafa Ali Sudden WWE Release Revealed?
- The Miz Comments On Dolph Ziggler WWE Release
- Released WWE Star ‘Promises To Keep Going’ Following Release
- Update On Former WWE Stars Signing New WWE Deals
- WWE Tag Team Returns On SmackDown