A top WWE star has teased stopping GUNTHER from breaking the Intercontinental Title record.
At WWE SummerSlam, GUNTHER defeated Drew McIntyre to retain the Intercontinental Championship. This brings “The Ring General” just a mere 31 days from breaking The Honky Tonk Man’s 454-day record as champion.
With another strong challenger out of his way, many fans have questioned what is next for The Imperium leader.
On Saturday night following the match, Sheamus took to social media to tease that he is the man who will stop GUNTHER for achieving history. He tweeted:
Only I can save HTM… #saveHTM
Sheamus had a series of critically acclaimed bouts against GUNTHER over the Intercontinental Championship last year with most fans rallying around “The Celtic Warrior” to dethrone the champion.
However, “The Ring General”, along with Imperium, now holds the gold on the Monday Night Raw brand, while The Brawling Brutes remains on SmackDown.
For the full lineup for last night’s WWE SummerSlam 2023 event, click here.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Graphic Photo Of Becky Lynch Injury After NXT No Mercy 2023
- Edge ‘Too Loyal To WWE’ For AEW Debut Says Hall Of Famer
- New Update On Potential Edge AEW Debut Ahead Of WrestleDream
- WWE Faction Officially Breaking Up
- Carmelo Hayes Addresses NXT Championship Loss At No Mercy 2023
- Bryan Danielson Discusses Edge Potentially Joining AEW Ahead Of WrestleDream
- Update On Canceled TV Series Featuring CM Punk
- Jon Moxley Pushing For AEW To Sign Top Free Agent
- Jon Moxley Fined By AEW
- Injured AEW Star Removed From Match At WrestleDream 2023