Shingo Takagi knows the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship has not had a good start. However, he wants to be the one to add value to the title.
In a recent interview with njpw1972.com, Takagi talked about what he wants to do to establish the title. In short, he plans to produce results and win. He said:
“I’ve said this before, but it isn’t about what you hold, it’s about who holds it. If there isn’t that color to the belt yet, if there is still that sense that it’s not established yet, well I’ll establish it in my own image. If people can’t see the value in it, then I will create value in it to see. I think the very fact I beat Okada for this at Dominion, the title was elevated a little by my winning it. All I did was fight the way I always do, produce results, and win. But the response that got, about what an achievement that was, it indicated to me that the prestige had been elevated, don’t you think?”
Shingo Takagi won the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship at Dominion, defeating Kazuchika Okada to win the vacant title. This was the first time he had won the top title in New Japan.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Report: News On Rumored Backstage Heat Between CM Punk & Jon Moxley
- Bray Wyatt’s Status For Tonight’s SmackDown Revealed
- CM Punk Posts Bizarre Instagram Story About Shawn Michaels
- Report: AEW Star Refused To Lose Match, Hasn’t Been Used Since
- Update On CM Punk Claiming Tony Khan Wanted Him To Wrestle While Not Medically Cleared
- Naomi Post-WWE New Ring Name Revealed?
- WWE To Bring Back Pay-Per-View Name?
- Update On Rumors Of Brock Lesnar Leaving WWE After WrestleMania 39
- Planned WrestleMania 39 Night 1 Main Event Revealed, More Match Order News
- What CM Punk Told Kenny Omega After All Out Backstage Fight