This past Tuesday, Shinsuke Nakamura was pulled from his scheduled WWE United States Championship match against Jeff Hardy due to being bitten by a police dog at a WWE Live Event in Bakersfield, California on Monday.
WWE are currently touring Nakamura’s native Japan, and in the most recent show he was scheduled for a WWE Championship match against current holder AJ Styles.
Instead of competing, a crutch-sporting Nakamura addressed his native audience. He was cut off by Samoa Joe who wanted to take the ‘King of Strong Style’s place in taking on Styles.
The segment eventually led to Joe attempting to choke Nakamura out with the Coquina Clutch, but Styles made the save, and then retained his title against the ‘Samoan Submission Machine’.
#WWETokyo Shinsuke Nakamura entered the ring with a crutch, and read a little promo before being attacked by Samoa Joe.
Credit to the owner. ? pic.twitter.com/azJs11Zueb
— ᴅɪᴇɢᴏ ❼ (@diegp77) June 29, 2018
The main event for the next event on the Japan tour is currently slated to be a Fatal Four-way between Nakamura, Styles, Joe and Daniel Bryan.
Who would you like to see Nakamura feud with when he is cleared to compete? Let us know in the comments below or on Twitter here. You can also join us on Discord to chat with Oli, Luke, the magazine team, the website writers and each other here!
- First Ever NXT Iron Survivor Challenge Participants Revealed
- New WWE Star Debuts At Taping
- WWE Hall Of Famer Criticizes ‘Childish Stuff’ From The Elite
- WWE Star Slammed For Being A ‘Disrespectful Ripoff’
- WWE Star Ruled Out Of Big Match Due To Recent Injury
- Top WWE Star Teasing Return?
- AEW Star ‘Didn’t Even Bother’ Wearing Ring Gear For Recent Match
- WWE Spoils Return, AEW Stars Considering Leaving, CM Punk Scrapped Plans Revealed – News Bulletin – November 30, 2022
- WWE Star Makes In-Ring Return On NXT
- Starrcast Working With Oceania Pro Wrestling For Huge Event In 2023