Rick Boogs has revealed that WWE Intercontinental Champion Shinsuke Nakamura isn’t currently cleared for competition.
Speaking with Ryan Satin on Out of Character, Boogs stated that Nakamura has been out of action after suffering a hand injury. Discussing his future as a team with Nakamura, Boogs said:
“We’ve only had a couple of tag matches together and he suffered a hand injury that has kept him out for close to two months now, it seems like. I’m looking forward to him being healthy and cleared so we can kick some tail. From there, down the road, we’ll branch off, but I’m in no rush with that.
“There is a new approach, pairing up the seasoned vets with new up and comers and it’s obviously for a reason. It helps get more exposure, TV time, valuable insight. I don’t think he’d be as willing to help me out if I wasn’t with him, Strong Style Shred. What’s his incentive to help me?”
Nakamura’s last televised match took place on the December 10 edition of SmackDown. On the Christmas Eve episode, Sami Zayn won a gauntlet match to become #1 contender to the Intercontinental Championship.
It is currently unknown when Nakamura will return to action.
Quote via Fightful.
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For August 12
- Kota Ibushi Teases AEW Run & Reunion With Kenny Omega
- Tony Khan Addresses Rumors About AEW Backstage Unhappiness
- Tony Khan Provides Clarification On Huge Rumored Change To AEW Pay-Per-Views
- Amari Miller Deletes Twitter After Controversial Sasha Banks Comment Causes Huge Backlash
- CM Punk Returns On AEW Dynamite Quake By The Lake
- Freddie Prinze Jr Wanted Karrion Kross As His First Champion
- AEW Trios Championship Tournament Bracket Revealed
- Miro Argues WWE Schedule Is ‘Too Much’
- Britt Baker Fuels Speculation About MJF With Recent Instagram Post