Rick Boogs has revealed that WWE Intercontinental Champion Shinsuke Nakamura isn’t currently cleared for competition.
Speaking with Ryan Satin on Out of Character, Boogs stated that Nakamura has been out of action after suffering a hand injury. Discussing his future as a team with Nakamura, Boogs said:
“We’ve only had a couple of tag matches together and he suffered a hand injury that has kept him out for close to two months now, it seems like. I’m looking forward to him being healthy and cleared so we can kick some tail. From there, down the road, we’ll branch off, but I’m in no rush with that.
“There is a new approach, pairing up the seasoned vets with new up and comers and it’s obviously for a reason. It helps get more exposure, TV time, valuable insight. I don’t think he’d be as willing to help me out if I wasn’t with him, Strong Style Shred. What’s his incentive to help me?”
Nakamura’s last televised match took place on the December 10 edition of SmackDown. On the Christmas Eve episode, Sami Zayn won a gauntlet match to become #1 contender to the Intercontinental Championship.
It is currently unknown when Nakamura will return to action.
Quote via Fightful.
- Matt Riddle Released By WWE
- Released WWE Star Reveals New Name?
- Planned AEW PPV Match ‘In Jeopardy’
- WWE Higher-Up Addresses Matt Riddle Being Released
- John Cena Match Set For September 22 WWE SmackDown
- WWE Official Comments On Recent Releases
- Major LA Knight SmackDown Plans Pulled Due To COVID-19
- Possible Reason For Mustafa Ali Sudden WWE Release Revealed?
- Released WWE Star Refusing To Give ‘Championship’ Back
- Released WWE Star Says He Received High Praise From The Bloodline