WWE star Shinsuke Nakamura has said that Triple H sent him words of encouragement ahead of his match with the Great Muta.
Nakamura faced the Japanese legend on the latter’s retirement tour on New Years Day.
Speaking with Tokyo Sports, Nakamura spoke about the match and the circumstances surrounding it:
“I guess the best way to describe it is that it was really my first dream. When I woke up this morning, I was horrified and thought, maybe it really was a dream… I haven’t had a match yet, have I? I was horrified. I was really able to expose myself to the world, from the moment I entered the ring to the moment I left.”
Nakamura also revealed that WWE Chief Content Officer Triple H (real name Paul Levesque) sent Nakamura a support message and told him he’s glad that the Japanese star got what he wanted.
Nakamura also said that Muta is a part of his wrestling blood:
“For sure, Keiji Muto and The Great Muta have entered my blood as a wrestler. I would like to incorporate what I feel in my body into my own style.”
To stay up to date with all the very latest wrestling news, be sure to follow WrestleTalk News on Twitter.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- CM Punk Posts Bizarre Instagram Story About Shawn Michaels
- AEW Match Stopped Due To Injury
- Update On CM Punk Claiming Tony Khan Wanted Him To Wrestle While Not Medically Cleared
- Ronda Rousey WrestleMania 39 Match Confirmed
- Report: News On Rumored Backstage Heat Between CM Punk & Jon Moxley
- Bray Wyatt & Bobby Lashley WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- AEW Star Shares Message For Dominik Mysterio Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- What CM Punk Told Kenny Omega After All Out Backstage Fight
- Spoilers For AEW Title Eliminator Match
- Charlotte Flair Mentions Bella Twins & Mercedes Moné On SmackDown