Shinsuke Nakamura has now commented on his WWE return, revealing his goal for his next in-ring run.
On the April 14 edition of SmackDown, Nakamura defeated Madcap Moss in 90 seconds.
This was Nakamura’s first WWE TV match since facing off against Santos Escobar on the November 11, 2022 SmackDown show.
Prior to his WWE return, Nakamura made an appearance for Pro Wrestling NOAH to face off against the Great Muta in January, during Keiji Muto’s retirement tour.
In a WWE Digital Exclusive interview, Nakamura noted that he has been rec-harging since that bout, noting:
“I’m glad to be back. I’ve been to Japan, so I had a great victory against Great Muta.
“That was a historic (match). Then I recharged, I rebooted.”
Nakamura then teased a ‘great’ opponent, before noting that his end-goal is still to become a WWE world champion:
“I need some meat. I need a great opponent. Also, I aim for (the) world title.”
It has been rumored that Nakamura will feud with Karrion Kross following his in-ring return.
Roman Reigns is currently WWE’s top champion, most recently defending his Undisputed Universal Title against Cody Rhodes at WrestleMania 39.
Stay up to date with WWE win/loss records for 2023 using our tracker right here.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- Former WWE Star Reveals ‘Hypnosis’ Storyline Pitch To End Comedy Character
- Alexa Bliss Reveals In-Ring Return Preparations Prior To Pregnancy
- Top Star Explains Why He Didn’t Sign With WWE
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- Major WWE Star Undergoing Surgery?