When Lana was written out of this weekend’s WWE TLC show on the most recent episode of Raw, speculation as to who would be partnering Asuka at the PPV began.
The biggest name on most people’s lips is Charlotte Flair, who is reportedly set to return any day now, and many believe it will be as Asuka’s tag partner on Sunday.
However, it appears Asuka may have different plans, as she has seemingly already chosen her tag partner on Twitter.
Former IIconics member Peyton Royce tweeted Asuka, asking to be her partner, and it seems that the Raw Women’s Champion is pretty keen on the idea.
I know you need a tag team partner on Sunday.
I know you know I can go.
Sincerely, former Women’s Tag Team Champion,
— Relentless Royce (@PeytonRoyceWWE) December 17, 2020
Let’s do it together https://t.co/qXyVd6DMmx
— ASUKA / 明日華 (@WWEAsuka) December 17, 2020
While this is far from confirmed, it’s unusual for WWE stars to say things on Twitter unless they are actually going to happen. Vince hates his wrestlers teasing things that don’t happen.
Peyton is currently tagging with Lacey Evans, after she was needlessly split from Billie Kay, who is now doing exactly nothing on SmackDown.
There’s every chance it could still be Charlotte, and Peyton gets attacked before the match and is ruled out like Lana. We’ll just have to wait and see.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- VIDEO: Unseen Post-Raw Footage Of Tension Between Roman Reigns & Solo Sikoa
- The Rock’s Daughter WWE In-Ring Debut Announced
- Major AEW Star To Miss Tonight’s Dynamite (March 22)
- Keith Lee Responds To Criticism Of Saying ‘Poor WALTER’ After GUNTHER Name Change
- Alexa Bliss Reveals Nature Of Recent Procedure Amid WWE Absence
- Major Update On Roxanne Perez’s WWE Status
- News On Which Night Some WrestleMania Matches Are Set For
- AEW Star Reveals Pitch For WWE WrestleMania Crossover Match
- AEW Star Interested In Facing Goldberg In Retirement Match
- Major WWE Star Considered Retirement At WrestleMania 39