In some rather surprising news, Sean Maluta has revealed to Fightful during a recent interview that Michael Nakazawa was actually involved with the Cruiserweight Classic in 2016.
The former WWE Superstar told Sean Ross Sapp that Michael Nakazawa was actually with IWGP World Heavyweight Champion Kota Ibushi during the tournament to help translate for the NJPW star:
We spoke with Sean Maluta recently, who had some interesting insight on WWE and the Cruiserweight Classic he participated in. He noted that Michael Nakazawa was actually with Kota Ibushi during the tournament to help translate and lay out some of the matches.
Kota Ibushi didn’t end up signing with WWE after the tournament, which reportedly let to the company changing its plans for the final, where TJ Perkins defeated Gran Metalik to become the first WWE Cruiserweight Champion.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- Irate Jon Moxley Responds To CM Punk In Expletive-Filled Retort
- Major AEW Star To Be Out ‘For A While’ After Suffering Legitimate Injury
- What Happened In Cody Rhodes’ Massive Pre-WrestleMania Match Against Solo Sikoa
- Jon Moxley On AEW: ‘I Have Never Seen So Much Bulls**t Drama In One Place In My Entire F**king Life’
- Rumor Killer On WWE Star Taking ‘A Long Time’ Away From The Company
- Update On Backstage Heat Between Triple H & Top WWE Star
- Jon Moxley Reveals Why He Was ‘F**king Furious’ About Recent AEW Show
- NXT Star Makes Cameo You Probably Missed On WWE Raw
- ‘Sentimental’ Special Entrance Planned For Top WWE Star At WrestleMania 39
- Top AEW Star’s Return Date Confirmed