Following his shocking debut defeat to Jeff Hardy on last week’s (July 19) episode of WWE Raw, Kross scored his first win on the Red Brand last night, defeating former NXT rival Keith Lee.
However, per Fightful Select (subscription required), the victory this week was not the original plan. The original Raw plans saw Kross take on Jeff Hardy in a rematch, which would see the NXT Champion lose yet again.
Jeff Hardy had to miss the show after testing positive for COVID-19, so the show was rewritten to give Kross a victory over Keith Lee.
Fightful notes that they were not told of any specific creative direction, but notes that several members of creative were baffled that Kross would be booked to lose again on the show.
Kross’ girlfriend and valet Scarlett recently teased on her Twitter that she could reunite with the NXT Champion on the main roster.
- Big Format Change To AEW Double Or Nothing Affecting CM Punk Vs. Hangman Page?
- Tony Khan Provides Update On AEW’s Standing Following Warner Bros Discovery Merger
- Cody Rhodes Planned As WWE 2K23 Cover Star?
- Alexa Bliss Reports “Fan” For Death Threats
- Sonny Kiss ‘Still Believes AEW Is For Everyone’ Despite Long TV Hiatus
- Rumour Killer On WWE Ending The Brand Split
- LIVE RESULTS – AEW Dynamite – May 25, 2022
- WWE SmackDown Star Ludwig Kaiser Undergoes Another Name Change
- Mia Yim Says ‘WWE Likes To Fix S**t That Isn’t Broken’
- Unused Jeff Hardy SVR 2010 Road to WrestleMania Story Outlines