One of the most frequent criticisms thrown at AEW is that the booking of its women’s division is nowhere near as strong as it should be.
Fans consistently call for more women’s matches and segments on AEW Dynamite, and while things have improved to a point, it still feels like there is a long way to go.
During last night’s (May 18) episode of AEW Dynamite, a fan on Twitter pointed out that since Thunder Rosa won the AEW Women’s Championship on March 16 at St Patrick’s Day Slam, she’s had one match on AEW TV, and has been on TV for a total of 20 minutes.
No Joke Since winning the title 64 days ago Thunder Rosa has appeared less than 20 minutes her entire run on #AEWDynamite
— 𝐃𝐲𝐥𝐚𝐧 𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐰𝐬 (@DylanMatthews91) May 19, 2022
To put that into perspective, there have been nine episodes of AEW Dynamite since she won the belt, nine episodes of AEW Rampage, and the only match she has had since winning was on AEW Battle of the Belts II.
Interestingly, she actually had a lot more match and TV time before the title win, so winning the belt has actually been detrimental to her TV time.
She will finally be having another AEW match next weekend on May 29 when she faces Serena Deeb at AEW Double or Nothing.
Of course this is a news site and so I try not to put my opinion into too many articles, but this really is not the way to book your women’s champion.
- AEW Stars’ Contracts Expire, Sasha Banks WWE Release Updates, Even More Injuries – Audio News Bulletin – June 29, 2022
- Troy ‘Two Dimes’ Donovan Hilariously Reacts To NXT TV Write-Off
- WWE Star Kevin Owens Missed Raw Due To Injury
- Another Claim Made Regarding Sasha Banks WWE Release
- Orange Cassidy & Title Match Added To AEW Blood & Guts
- Bellator MMA Fighter Valerie Loureda Signs With WWE
- CJ Perry (Lana) Pulls Out Of Authors Of Pain’s New Promotion Debut Show
- Miro Says AEW TNT Title Has ‘Gone To S**ts’
- Wardlow Doesn’t Rule Out Signing With WWE
- AEW Star Dax Harwood Fires Shot At The Usos