Another sign that former NXT Cruiserweight Champion Santos Escobar is heading to the main roster has potentially emerged.
It had been speculated that Escobar is main roster-bound following the announcement that he’ll be banned from NXT if he loses his match against Tony D’Angelo at NXT Heatwave on August 16.
These rumors have now been fuelled following Escobar’s appearance at the WWE WrestleMania 39 Launch Party. During his appearance, Escobar stated that he plans to turn WrestleMania 39 into SantosMania.
Escobar has teased his WWE main roster debut several times since Triple H took over WWE creative.
Escobar has been pushed under a Triple H regime before, winning the interim Cruiserweight Championship tournament in 2020, then later becoming the undisputed NXT Cruiserweight Champion in April 2021, all in Triple H’s ‘Black & Gold’ era of NXT.
Triple H has already brought Dakota Kai, Karrion Kross & Scarlett, and Dexter Lumis back to the company since taking charge, and is reportedly expected to continue reshaping the WWE main roster.
Escobar’s most recent televised match was against Nathan Frazer on the June 7 edition of NXT 2.0. Stay up to date with NXT win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker at this link.
If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.
- WWE ‘Very Worried’ About Upcoming SmackDown
- Triple H Makes Change To Gunther’s Ring Name?
- Changes To AEW Dynamite Due To Hurricane Ian Revealed
- AEW Dark: Elevation Spoilers For October 3 Revealed
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For September 30, 2022
- ‘National Scissoring Day’ Celebration Set For October 5 AEW Dynamite
- Huge Stipulation Match Added To WWE Extreme Rules
- Malakai Black Shows Off Incredible New Head Tattoo (PHOTO)
- Juice Robinson Makes AEW In-Ring Debut
- Chris Jericho Vows To ‘Desecrate’ The Legacy Of Ring Of Honor