The overnight viewership figures are in for the December 10 edition of SmackDown, which featured a match to determine the ‘best tag team in WWE’.
As per Brandon Thurston of Wrestlenomics, the preliminary viewership figure for Friday’s show was 2.172 million. This was the highest preliminary figure for Smackdown since September.
Thurston used these figures, and previous differences between prelim and final ratings, to project that the final number of the show will be roughly 2.3 million total viewers.
For comparison, the final viewership of last week’s (December 3) episode was 2.030 million total viewers, which was down from the 2.149 million who tuned in on November 26.
On Friday’s episode, The New Day defeated SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Usos and Raw Tag Team Champions RK-Bro to be crowned the best tag team in WWE.
Toni Storm also earned a future shot at the SmackDown Tag Team Championship after defeating Charlotte Flair via DQ in a championship contenders match.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Major Star In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Return Rumors
- Randy Orton In-Ring Return Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- New Latino World Order Debuts On SmackDown
- Report: AEW Star Suffers Broken Leg After Crazy Ladder Spot
- Top WWE Star Nearing End Of Contract, Has Not Agreed To New Deal
- Bobby Lashley Issues Open Challenge For WrestleMania 39
- Big Update On Uncle Howdy Status For WrestleMania 39 Weekend
- Leaked Footage Of Top WWE Star WrestleMania 39 Entrance Rehearsal Revealed
- What Dominik Mysterio Did During Rey Mysterio Hall Of Fame Speech
- Commentators For WWE WrestleMania 39 Confirmed