Following on from this past Friday’s episode of WWE SmackDown, there has now been confirmation of an official name change on the brand.
The June 18 SmackDown episode saw Shinsuke Nakamura beat (formerly) King Corbin to win Corbin’s crown, and then this past Friday, Nakamura had his coronation in the ring.
Now that Corbin is no longer the king, as you can see via WWE’s website, he’s now officially back to being Baron Corbin:
Fans were left somewhat confused on Friday, because it seemed like WWE may have been trying to turn Corbin into a sympathetic character despite all his heinous acts as king.
We’ll have to wait and see where it goes, but we now know he’s officially back to being just Baron Corbin.
King Corbin isn’t the only alternative moniker he’s had, as he was also officially ‘Constable Corbin’ a couple of years ago when he was in his authority figure role on Raw.
A list of all WWE name changes of 2021 can be found at this link in our stats section.
- Sting Pulled From AEW Double Or Nothing Weekend Due To Injury
- WWE Announces Change To Money In The Bank Location
- AEW Announces Championship Belt Redesign
- Another AEW Double Or Nothing Match To Be Added?
- Bobby Lashley Teases Brock Lesnar WWE Return
- Nikkita Lyons Provides Injury Update After Being Pulled From NXT 2.0
- Jeff Cobb & Great-O-Khan Make AEW Dynamite Appearance
- Update On How Long Stephanie McMahon Will Be Away From WWE
- Men’s Owen Hart Foundation Tournament Final Set For AEW Double Or Nothing
- Full Audio: Pre-AEW Double Or Nothing Media Call With Tony Khan