Following on from this past Friday’s episode of WWE SmackDown, there has now been confirmation of an official name change on the brand.
The June 18 SmackDown episode saw Shinsuke Nakamura beat (formerly) King Corbin to win Corbin’s crown, and then this past Friday, Nakamura had his coronation in the ring.
Now that Corbin is no longer the king, as you can see via WWE’s website, he’s now officially back to being Baron Corbin:
Fans were left somewhat confused on Friday, because it seemed like WWE may have been trying to turn Corbin into a sympathetic character despite all his heinous acts as king.
We’ll have to wait and see where it goes, but we now know he’s officially back to being just Baron Corbin.
King Corbin isn’t the only alternative moniker he’s had, as he was also officially ‘Constable Corbin’ a couple of years ago when he was in his authority figure role on Raw.
A list of all WWE name changes of 2021 can be found at this link in our stats section.
- Released WWE Star Claims One Person Had ‘Weird Grudge’ Against Him, Vince McMahon’s Departure ‘Killed’ His Career
- Released WWE Star Reveals They Requested Their Release
- Former World Champion To Become Free Agent Next Week
- Matt Riddle Next Move After WWE Release Revealed?
- Another Big Sign WWE Thinks Highly Of LA Knight
- Top NXT Star Expected For September 25 WWE Raw
- WWE Star Reacts To Tag Team Partner Being Released
- Real Reason For WWE Star’s Character Change
- SPOILER: AEW Star Captures Championship Title
- Update On New WWE Ring Name Fans Speculated Was For Jade Cargill