A former Cruiserweight Champion and SmackDown star has parted ways with WWE after his contract expired earlier this week.
Drew Gulak has officially left the company and been moved to the alumni section of WWE’s website.
It was first reported as a release, but PWInsider has since confirmed that actually Gulak’s contract expired after his match against Daniel Bryan that aired on Friday’s SmackDown had been taped, which was earlier in the week.
Because his contract expired and wasn’t terminated, he doesn’t have a 90-day non-compete clause which means he’s eligible to start working whenever and wherever he wants from now.
His only title reign in WWE came as Cruiserweight Champion in 2019. He won the strap at Stomping Grounds in June and held it until October, dropping it to Lio Rush on NXT TV.
Gulak had been in talks with WWE prior to his contract expiring but the two parties couldn’t come to terms on a new deal. He was most recently featured as the trainer and partner of Daniel Bryan.
- AEW Rampage Live Results – May 27, 2022
- NJPW Officially Addresses ‘Severe Disagreement’ With Kota Ibushi
- Tony Khan Takes Shots At WWE Changing Money In The Bank Location
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – May 27, 2022
- Brandi Rhodes Spotted Backstage At WWE SmackDown
- Scrapped Idea For Matt Hardy To Lead An NXT Faction
- Kevin Owens Announced For Tonight’s SmackDown
- Update On Vince McMahon’s Plans For Max Dupri On WWE Main Roster
- Scorpio Sky Reveals New TNT Championship Belt On AEW Rampage
- NXT UK Star Charlie Dempsey Announced For PROGRESS Super Strong Style 16 Tournament