A former Cruiserweight Champion and SmackDown star has parted ways with WWE after his contract expired earlier this week.
Drew Gulak has officially left the company and been moved to the alumni section of WWE’s website.
It was first reported as a release, but PWInsider has since confirmed that actually Gulak’s contract expired after his match against Daniel Bryan that aired on Friday’s SmackDown had been taped, which was earlier in the week.
Because his contract expired and wasn’t terminated, he doesn’t have a 90-day non-compete clause which means he’s eligible to start working whenever and wherever he wants from now.
His only title reign in WWE came as Cruiserweight Champion in 2019. He won the strap at Stomping Grounds in June and held it until October, dropping it to Lio Rush on NXT TV.
Gulak had been in talks with WWE prior to his contract expiring but the two parties couldn’t come to terms on a new deal. He was most recently featured as the trainer and partner of Daniel Bryan.
- Updated List Of Released WWE Stars
- Jon Moxley’s Diagnosis Revealed, Wasn’t Planned To Lose AEW International Championship At Dynamite Grand Slam
- WWE Announces SmackDown Returning To USA Network & More
- Mustafa Ali Gone From WWE
- John Cena Sends Message To Dolph Ziggler After WWE Release
- WWE Elimination Chamber 2024 Set For Australia, Date & Location Confirmed
- The Rock Reacts To WWE Releases
- Major Spoiler For AEW Rampage Grand Slam 2023
- Elias Breaks Silence After Being Released By WWE
- Update On Adam Cole Injury After AEW Dynamite Grand Slam