It was announced on WWE Backstage last night that former WWE Champion Kane will be returning to WWE TV on Friday Night SmackDown this week. He is expected to enter himself into the 2020 Royal Rumble match.
However, that was not the only interesting piece of news to come from the FS1 studio show. On last night’s show, it was confirmed that Elias has agreed to a multi-year extension of his WWE contract.
Elias joins the likes of Paige, New Day, The Miz and The Street Profits in signing new multi-year WWE deals over the last few months.
WWE later confirmed the news with an article on WWE.com.
— WWE (@WWE) January 15, 2020
Commenting on the news, WWE had the following to say:
Elias has agreed to a multi-year contract extension with WWE, as first reported on WWE Backstage.
WWE’s resident songbird, Elias has multiple 24/7 Title reigns to his credit, as well as victories over the likes of John Cena and Finn Bálor. He recently declared his entry in the 2020 Men’s Royal Rumble Match, pointedly calling out WWE Champion Brock Lesnar.
As noted by WWE, Elias will be entering the 2020 Royal Rumble match. If you can’t remember the other 16 men who have said they will be entering the match, make sure you check out our handy tracker by clicking here.
- Major WWE Star Seemingly Injured During Match
- Potential Spoiler For Huge WWE Star Appearing At NXT Deadline
- CM Punk WWE NXT Plans Confirmed
- TNA Wrestling Partners With WWE Parent Company Streaming Service
- WWE Star Still On Active Roster Despite New Role
- Triple H Reacts To CM Punk WWE NXT Plans
- Dominik Mysterio Loses Championship To WWE Main Roster Star
- CM Punk Appears At WWE NXT Deadline
- WWE Star To Wrestle Match With Broken Hand
- Big Clue AEW Star Is Preparing To Join WWE?