It was announced on WWE Backstage last night that former WWE Champion Kane will be returning to WWE TV on Friday Night SmackDown this week. He is expected to enter himself into the 2020 Royal Rumble match.
However, that was not the only interesting piece of news to come from the FS1 studio show. On last night’s show, it was confirmed that Elias has agreed to a multi-year extension of his WWE contract.
Elias joins the likes of Paige, New Day, The Miz and The Street Profits in signing new multi-year WWE deals over the last few months.
WWE later confirmed the news with an article on WWE.com.
— WWE (@WWE) January 15, 2020
Commenting on the news, WWE had the following to say:
Elias has agreed to a multi-year contract extension with WWE, as first reported on WWE Backstage.
WWE’s resident songbird, Elias has multiple 24/7 Title reigns to his credit, as well as victories over the likes of John Cena and Finn Bálor. He recently declared his entry in the 2020 Men’s Royal Rumble Match, pointedly calling out WWE Champion Brock Lesnar.
As noted by WWE, Elias will be entering the 2020 Royal Rumble match. If you can’t remember the other 16 men who have said they will be entering the match, make sure you check out our handy tracker by clicking here.
- Spoiler On Karrion Kross WWE SmackDown Presentation
- What Does WBD Taking Over BT Sport Mean For WWE & AEW In The UK?
- Carmelo Hayes Teases Joining Returning Faction On SmackDown
- Dave Meltzer Awards Latest 5.5 Star Match
- Spoiler For Planned Return On August 12 SmackDown
- Drew McIntyre Teases Huge Change For Clash At The Castle
- Update On How Many Returns Triple H Has Planned
- Here’s Who Pitched For Goldberg To Squash Brock Lesnar At Survivor Series 2016
- Zoey Stark Worked As Backstage Producer While Out With Injury
- AEW & NWA Relationship Reportedly ‘Fine’ After Comments From Tony Khan & Billy Corgan