The SmackDown Women’s Championship will be on the line on next week’s show.
On the January 6 edition of WWE SmackDown, Charlotte Flair defeated Sonya Deville to retain the SmackDown Women’s Championship. Since then, Deville has been attacking and harassing Flair to try to goad her into another title bout.
On the January 27 episode of SmackDown, footage was shown of Charlotte being interviewed by Ryan Satin for his Out of Character podcast.
However, this was interrupted by Sonya Deville with officials having to remove her from the set.
In a backstage segment, Charlotte Flair approached WWE official Adam Pearce and demanded a title bout against Sonya Deville. Pearce made the rematch official for next week’s episode.
This contest will join Imperium vs. Braun Strowman and Ricochet in the finals of the SmackDown Tag Title Contenders Tournament on next Friday’s show.
As previously reported, there was a big change to the tournament that also occurred during tonight’s episode.
We will have further updates and breaking news from tonight’s SmackDown on the home page.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- AEW Star Announces Their ‘Retirement’ Before Dynamite Loss, Stablemate Vows Vengeance
- Video: WrestleMania 39 Stage Being Constructed At SoFi Stadium
- Major Update On Roxanne Perez’s WWE Status
- WWE Talents Sign Controversial New Deal
- WWE Star Revealed As Contestant On ‘The Masked Singer’
- CM Punk Drops Latest Tease For AEW Return?
- WWE NXT Spoilers For Tuesday March 28
- Major WWE Star Considered Retirement At WrestleMania 39
- Kenny Omega Reacts To Match Against Vikingo On AEW Dynamite, AAA Responds
- Goldberg’s Next Move Revealed?