Last week on Friday Night SmackDown, Carmella defeated Naomi, Alexa Bliss and Dana Brooke in a fatal four-way match. As a result, Carmella earned the right to challenge Bayley for the SmackDown Women’s Championship.
While it was not confirmed on SmackDown when the title match would be taking place, it was revealed on local advertisements that the match was set for Super ShowDown in Saudi Arabia.
With the first women’s match in Saudi Arabia taking place in October 2019, this bout would have made history as the first women’s title match in the Middle Eastern country.
However, WWE has confirmed during a commercial break on Monday Night Raw last night that the title match will be taking place on SmackDown this week instead of at Super ShowDown.
There is currently no word on if the promotional material for the show was a mistake or if WWE/Saudi Arabia changed their minds on the match. For the latest on this, stay tuned to WrestleTalk.com.
Now with just over two weeks until the show, WWE has still yet to confirm a women’s match for Super ShowDown.
- WWE Hall Of Famer The Iron Sheik Passes Away Aged 81
- Major Change To Seth Rollins’ Upcoming Marvel Movie
- VIDEO: Solo Sikoa Has Hilarious Exchange With Young Fan At WWE Live Event
- Another Championship Match Announced For June 7 AEW Dynamite
- Top Star Wants ‘Correct Amount Of Money’ For CM Punk Forbidden Door Match
- WWE Posts Statement On The Passing Of The Iron Sheik
- Solo Sikoa Hints At Jey Uso’s Potential Bloodline Future
- VIDEO: Shawn Michaels Congratulates NXT Star After Big Battle Royal Win
- WWE Tag Team Confirmed For Match Against Each Other
- Ex-WWE Name Concerned That Top Star Would Be ‘Wardlow-ed’ In AEW