WWE NXT star Solo Sikoa has revealed nixed main roster plans that were discussed ahead of his debut.
There was some buzz around Sikoa signing with WWE last year, with Sikoa (real name Joseph Fatu) the son of Rikishi and the younger brother of Jimmy & Jey Uso (Jonathan & Joshua Fatu).
While Solo is making a wave in NXT, many fans have pitched for him to join The Bloodline on SmackDown.
Speaking with WWE on BT Sport, Sikoa noted that he wants to be recognised for his own talent first and foremost, rather than as The Usos’ brother.
Recalling scrapped creative plans to have him paired with Jimmy & Jey Uso, Solo said:
“I don’t want to be referred to as their brother, their cousin, I want people to recognise me for me.
“Before I debuted on TV, WWE creative were like ‘we’ll put you with your brothers’. Then the next meeting was like ‘let’s see what you can do on your own.’
“I felt like ‘this is my time now. This is the time for fans to recognise me as Solo instead of (with) Jimmy and Jey.'”
Solo’s most recent match aired on Tuesday’s edition of WWE NXT 2.0, with Solo coming up short against Grayson Waller.
Stay up to date with NXT win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker at this link.
"I don't want to be referred to as their brother, their cousin, I want people to recognise me for me."
— WWE on BT Sport (@btsportwwe) June 22, 2022
- Chris Jericho, Bryan Danielson & Paul Wight Appear On WWE Raw
- Another AEW Star Clears Twitter Amid Contract Expiry Speculation
- Backstage Details On AEW Stars Appearing On Raw, Jon Moxley Injury Update, Vince McMahon Allegations – Audio News Bulletin – June 28, 2022
- Fans Speculate AEW Star’s Contract Has Expired Following Cryptic Tweet
- Kevin Owens Misses WWE Raw Due To ‘Minor Situation’
- Luke Owen Reviews WWE Raw – June 27, 2022
- AEW Star Jake Atlas Domestic Violence Case Dropped
- Cody Rhodes Appears On June 27 WWE Raw
- John Cena Says He Doesn’t Know When His Next Match Is During Raw Return
- Latest On Sasha Banks & Naomi WWE Statuses