WWE NXT star Solo Sikoa has revealed nixed main roster plans that were discussed ahead of his debut.
There was some buzz around Sikoa signing with WWE last year, with Sikoa (real name Joseph Fatu) the son of Rikishi and the younger brother of Jimmy & Jey Uso (Jonathan & Joshua Fatu).
While Solo is making a wave in NXT, many fans have pitched for him to join The Bloodline on SmackDown.
Speaking with WWE on BT Sport, Sikoa noted that he wants to be recognised for his own talent first and foremost, rather than as The Usos’ brother.
Recalling scrapped creative plans to have him paired with Jimmy & Jey Uso, Solo said:
“I don’t want to be referred to as their brother, their cousin, I want people to recognise me for me.
“Before I debuted on TV, WWE creative were like ‘we’ll put you with your brothers’. Then the next meeting was like ‘let’s see what you can do on your own.’
“I felt like ‘this is my time now. This is the time for fans to recognise me as Solo instead of (with) Jimmy and Jey.'”
Solo’s most recent match aired on Tuesday’s edition of WWE NXT 2.0, with Solo coming up short against Grayson Waller.
Stay up to date with NXT win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker at this link.
"I don't want to be referred to as their brother, their cousin, I want people to recognise me for me."
"Before I debuted, they wanted to put me with the @WWEUsos, but they said 'let's see what you can do alone.'"@WWESoloSikoa on establishing his own legacy in #WWENXT ? pic.twitter.com/EQsEFi5IEn
— WWE on BT Sport (@btsportwwe) June 22, 2022
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Alexa Bliss Reveals In-Ring Return Preparations Prior To Pregnancy
- Former WWE Star Reveals ‘Hypnosis’ Storyline Pitch To End Comedy Character
- Top Star Explains Why He Didn’t Sign With WWE
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For Friday June 2, 2023
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- Absent WWE Star Still In Contact With Vince McMahon & Other Higher-Ups
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star