Sonya Deville has discussed her current authority figure role, revealing Vince McMahon’s vision for her current character.
Deville has acted as an onscreen authority figure since her return to TV in 2021.
Speaking on the Out of Character podcast, Deville noted that the WWE Chairman’s vision was for her to play a similar role to Stephanie McMahon.
Noting that her character has been inspired by both Stephanie and Vince’s onscreen personas, Deville said:
“I’ve gotten a lot of what I do from Stephanie. Looking back on the old Stephanie stuff, I think that is Vince’s kind of vision for me, a Stephanie-esque character.
“When I do get in the ring, it’s like yeah I get in the ring but I get in the ring as an authority figure. I will use my power how I see fit and how I can to my advantage and I’ll enjoy doing it because that’s how Steph does and that’s how Vince did. I’ve taken a lot of notes from both of their past work for sure.”
Deville also opened up about the possibility of a return to the ring full-time, which you can read more about right here.
Stay up to date with WWE win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker, at this link.
Transcription via Wrestling Inc.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Irate Jon Moxley Responds To CM Punk In Expletive-Filled Retort
- Major Change Confirmed For WrestleMania 39 Match
- Major AEW Star To Be Out ‘For A While’ After Suffering Legitimate Injury
- What Happened In Cody Rhodes’ Massive Pre-WrestleMania Match Against Solo Sikoa
- Jon Moxley On AEW: ‘I Have Never Seen So Much Bulls**t Drama In One Place In My Entire F**king Life’
- Rumor Killer On WWE Star Taking ‘A Long Time’ Away From The Company
- Jon Moxley Reveals Why He Was ‘F**king Furious’ About Recent AEW Show
- NXT Star Makes Cameo You Probably Missed On WWE Raw
- Jon Moxley Has High Praise For Surprising AEW Star
- Top AEW Star’s Return Date Confirmed