Spoilers have emerged regarding recent IMPACT Wrestling tapings, revealing that a former WWE performer will debut for the promotion.
On July 18, tapings for the next batch of weekly IMPACT episodes commenced. It has been reported that Matthew Rehwoldt, better known to WWE fans as Aiden English, will appear for the promotion in the coming weeks.
Fightful Select (subscription required) has reported that English will debut as a heel, and will receive an initial push during the upcoming mixed tag team tournament. It was also reported that he will most likely go by “The Drama King Matt Morris” in IMPACT.
A promo video hinting at English’s debut played during Slammiversary. Former WWE talents No Way Jose and Chelsea Green wrestled on the July 17 card.
Also during the tapings, a planned split with Kiera Hogan and Tasha Steelz was put forward. Steelz reportedly has a new partner debuting soon. Hogan’s contract is up soon, and it is currently unknown whether she re-signed with IMPACT or not.
In a separate report, Fightful Select stated that AEW’s Frankie Kazarian was backstage for the first set of tapings. He is reportedly at the second set of tapings, taking place today (July 19).
- MJF Return Speculation Runs Rampant After AEW Dynamite
- Latest On Kenny Omega Absence Ahead Of Potential AEW Return
- Chris Jericho Calls Vince McMahon ‘A Once In A Generation Genius’
- Update On Johnny Gargano Following WWE Return Rumors
- Report: ‘Nobody Knew’ CM Punk Would Call Out Adam Page, ‘A Lot Of Reality To It’
- Mickie James Unsure About Her Wrestling Future
- AEW Rampage Spoilers: Claudio Castagnoli Issues A Challenge, Championship Matches & Brutal Attack
- Update On CM Punk Injury Status Following AEW Return
- Jack Evans Would Love To Return To AEW
- Kenny Omega Addresses Fans After Return On AEW Dynamite