As we reported earlier, Andrade has been pulled from WrestleMania due to an injury. He was scheduled to challenge the Street Profits for the WWE Raw Tag Team Championships alongside Angel Garza.
It was also reported that an NXT star had been used as a substitute for Andrade but the NXT star was not named. Now, we know who it was.
The NXT talent who took Andrade’s spot is reportedly Austin Theory. Post Wrestling reported the news earlier today.
This seems like an odd choice for a number of reasons. Theory is hardly a featured performer on NXT and hardly fitting of a championship match at WrestleMania. He also has no possible connection to Angel Garza, Andrade or Zelina Vega. However, it has been reported in the past that WWE is very high on Theory and this seems to be evident here.
This show seems to be falling apart more by the day. Roman Reigns, The Miz, Rey Mysterio and Dana Brooke have all been taken off the show and it is very hard to view this as the Showcase of the Immortals these days.
What do you think of Austin Theory replacing Andrade? Let us know your thoughts on Twitter!
- Kenny Omega On Comparisons To Former WWE Champion: ‘I Take The L’
- AEW All In Surpasses Impressive WWE Event Record
- VIDEO: MJF Pays Homage To WWE Star At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- WWE Raw Star Zoey Stark Explains Alliance With Trish Stratus
- Injury Update After AEW Anarchy In The Arena Match At Double Or Nothing
- PHOTO: CM Punk Spotted With AEW Star After Double Or Nothing
- Rhea Ripley & Dominik Mysterio Respond To Being Namedropped At AEW Double Or Nothing
- WWE Star Makes History With Huge Title Win
- Backstage Praise For AEW Star At Double Or Nothing
- Jade Cargill Breaks Silence After AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Loss