Despite what WWE says, Extreme Rules is not the ONLY show of the year where there are no disqualifications, but it certainly is one of them.
WWE has already announced several stipulations for the show, including the return of the Fight Pit, with Matt Riddle and Seth Rollins set to compete in the debut match of the stipulation on the main roster, as well as Liv Morgan taking on Ronda Rousey in an Extreme Rules match.
Another stipulation match may be set to be announced for the show, which may be set up on tonight’s episode of SmackDown.
Per Fightful Select (subscription required), tonight’s (September 23) episode of SmackDown is set to feature a ‘lot of action’. The source that spoke to Fightful mentioned plans to use ‘fire paper’ and a table spot on the show, as well as setting up a potential Strap match.
The match that would make the most sense for the Strap match stipulation would be the ongoing conflict between Drew McIntyre and Karrion Kross. Kross also previously used fire paper during his time in NXT.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Malakai Black Denies Being Granted AEW Release
- Report: Tony Khan Not Granting Any AEW Releases
- Big Change To AEW Dynamite Due To Hurricane Ian
- CM Punk Spotted For First Time Since AEW All Out Backstage Fight (Photo)
- Update On AEW Rampage & WWE SmackDown Going Head To Head
- Changes Coming Soon To AEW Television?
- AEW Battle Of The Belts IV Air Date Revealed
- Further Evidence Of Bray Wyatt Extreme Rules Return?
- Dax Harwood Shares Heartwarming Picture With Daughter On Twitter
- Dwight Howard Has ‘No Doubt’ About Joining WWE