***NXT SPOILERS BELOW***
According to WrestlingNews.com Bobby Fish was seen arriving at Full Sail University for tonight’s NXT taping using crutches to assist him in walking. They are reporting that Fish underwent surgery earlier this week to repair a knee injury which has previously been reported on, there is still no update on how long he will be out injured for but what we do know is that WWE is planning on vacating the NXT Tag Team Championship at tonight’s taping.
The word backstage is that WWE will be stripping The Undisputed Era of their Tag Team Championships instead of them being allowed to enact the Freebird rule – used by the Fabulous Freebirds and more recently The New Day – by having Adam Cole step in Bobby Fish’s place. Instead, new champions will be crowned at NXT Takeover: New Orleans as the final of the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic will now be for the vacant championships.
This could be an indication that WWE has big plans for Adam Cole and doesn’t want him used in the tag team bout. A potential call up after WrestleMania could be a realistic possibility, especially considering he appeared in the 2018 Royal Rumble.
For more on NXT and Bobby Fish’s injury stay tuned to WrestleTalk.com
- adam cole
- Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic
- Bobby Fish
- kyle o'reilly
- The Undisputed Era
- NXT TakeOver: New Orleans
- Tag Team
- Several In WWE ‘Unhappy’ With Recent Release
- Matt Riddle Makes Cryptic Announcement After WWE Release
- Major Update On Edge WWE Status Amid Departure Rumours
- Top WWE Star Expected To Return On September 29 SmackDown?
- Shawn Michaels Addresses Potentially Working With CM Punk In NXT
- Top WWE Star Believes Their Debut Was ‘More Shameful’ Than The Shockmaster
- Shawn Michaels Comments On Potentially Having Jade Cargill In NXT
- NJPW, MLW & CMLL Form New Strategic Alliance
- AEW Star Denies Being Under Mask On Dynamite But Says He Knows Who Was
- Released WWE Star Hilariously Reacts To AEW Dynamite Closing Angle