The SmackDown Live Women’s Championship picture has seen some strange booking decisions ever since Asuka’s untimely defeat at the hands of Charlotte Flair at WrestleMania 34. Carmella cashed in her Money In The Bank contract to take the title from Charlotte only a few nights later, then pinned Charlotte clean at Backlash to retain.
Meanwhile, Asuka seemed to fall by the wayside. Playing a more minor role akin to Becky Lynch, along with losing her first match on SmackDown Live, I don’t think any of us saw a title match in the ‘Empress’s near future. However, that’s exactly what we’ll be seeing at Money In The Bank.
SmackDown Live General Manager Paige dropped the bombshell announcement on tonight’s SmackDown taping in London, England: Asuka will take on Carmella at Money in the Bank for the SmackDown Live Women’s Championship.
This match raises the Money In The Bank lineup to a whole new level. Not only are both Money In The Bank ladder matches stacked with major talent, but now we get to see the ‘Empress’ have another shot at the title which alluded her at WrestleMania. I believe I speak for most wrestling fans when I say I hope Asuka wins and holds the title through at least SummerSlam.
Who do you think will walk out of Money In The Bank with the SmackDown Live Women’s Championship? Leave your thoughts in the comments below, or connect with WrestleTalk on Twitter here.
- Money in the Bank
- SmackDown Live
- wwe mitb
- Becky Lynch
- Charlotte Flair
- Several In WWE ‘Pushing’ For Upcoming Free Agent
- WWE ‘Optimistic’ Major CM Punk Dream Match Could Happen
- Ric Flair Issues Statement To Tony Khan After Alleged Comments At AEW Show
- Kevin Owens Comments On CM Punk’s WWE Return
- Major Former WWE Star Rules Out Joining AEW
- Major AEW Star Wanted Match With CM Punk
- WWE Name Released By The Company
- Anonymous Major Star Reveals Concerns About CM Punk Vs. Roman Reigns WWE Feud
- WWE Leadership ‘Questioned’ Internally For Not Signing Major Free Agent
- CM Punk Gets Glowing Review From Former Boss