It is not every day that you get wished a happy birthday by Star Wars. If you are any kind of nerd you probably understand the appeal. Such was the case today for WWE and The Mandalorian star Sasha Banks who turned 29 today.
The official Star Wars Twitter account wished her a happy birthday today, calling her a courageous Mandalorian warrior. Here is the tweet:
Happy birthday to the courageous Mandalorian warrior, Mercedes Varnado (@SashaBanksWWE). pic.twitter.com/TnHGbuX5h8
— Star Wars (@starwars) January 26, 2021
Banks (real name Mercedes Vernado) appeared in a few episodes of The Mandalorian’s second season. Her character, Koska Reeves, is a Mandalorian working alongside Bo Katan as they attempt to recover the Darksabre.
Banks was generally well-received for her work on the show with those she worked with praising her work ethic. She was also working dates for WWE during filming which made her schedule much more hectic.
She is also currently the SmackDown Women’s Champion and has been feuding with Carmella since December. Banks does not currently have a match for the Royal Rumble event this Sunday.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- Former WWE Star Offers To Be Bobby Lashley WrestleMania Opponent
- Another WWE Star Set For ‘Bigger Spotlight’ After WrestleMania 39
- Ronda Rousey Publicly Slams WWE’s Women’s Division Booking
- Tony Khan Announces New AEW Dynamite Matches
- Roman Reigns To Set Another Incredible Record At WrestleMania 39
- Cody Rhodes Shares First Look At WrestleMania Attire Paying Homage To NJPW, ROH & More
- LA Knight WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- Big Hint That Bray Wyatt Is Returning Soon?
- AEW Star Says Fans Will ‘Never Be Happy’
- Former WWE Star Pleased He’s Not In AEW