The World Wonder Ring Stardom promotion in Japan has confirmed it has cancelled the rest of its August shows due to a positive COVID-19 test.
The all-women’s promotion previously cancelled its August 15 show when fans were already in the building after hearing news of a positive test, which was obviously a different case than this new one.
Here’s the official statement Stardom’s Twitter:
This week the Stardom roster and staff underwent two days of PCR testing. There was 1 member that tested positive. This is in addition to the previous member.
However guidance from the Public Health Center is that several roster members who had been in close contact with the positive individuals still need to stay quarantined at home through August 29.
In light of this, the following Stardom shows must be canceled/postponed:
8.22 Yokohama Budokan
8.23 Yokohama Budokan
8.29 Niigata City Higashi Ward Plaza
8.30 Takaoka Ecole
Regarding the two players who were judged positive, they are currently improving. If no new cases are confirmed, the plan is to resume around the beginning of September.
At this time, we would like to express our sincere apologies to all fans who were looking forward to these events. Bushiroad Fight will continue to do its utmost to prevent the spread of new coronavirus infections. Thank you for supporting Stardom.
- Ronda Rousey WWE Replacement Revealed
- Big Clue AEW Stars Are Heading To WWE?
- Former WWE Star To Return On The Raw After WrestleMania?
- Latest WWE Celebrity Hall Of Fame Inductee Confirmed
- Saraya Recruits Recent AEW Signees To The Outcasts?
- Update On Rumored WWE Releases/Cuts
- Report: WWE Having ‘Larger Conversation’ About Wrestler Safety
- Update On Current Champion WWE Has Legitimate Concerns About
- Unseen AEW Matches Coming Soon?
- Who Produced Sami Zayn & Kevin Owens Reunion On SmackDown